In 1967, we were founded with a single activity center, and since that time, we grew to become Senior Citizen Services of Greater Tarrant County, experts in healthy aging. Today, we have a network of 25 Activity Centers in Tarrant County, serving more than 800 older adults daily, and, we have a new name: Sixty & Better. However, our mission—to empower older adults to live with purpose, independence, and dignity—remains the same as it was 50 years ago.
Join us at the Sixty & Better Golden Anniversary Gala as we celebrate these invaluable 50 years and look ahead to the next 50 by honoring co-founders Roz Rosenthal and Evelyn Siegel. With their forethought and tireless passion, these women make today possible, and we hope you will join us to celebrate their vision, dedication, and immeasurable impact on older adults living in Tarrant County.
This is our biggest fundraiser to date, and all proceeds will help fund daily meals and daily transportation, health and wellness programs, and other critical efforts in support of our mission.
General Motors Financial Presents
Sixty & Better Golden Anniversary Gala
Honoring co-founders Roz Rosenthal and Evelyn Siegel
Saturday, September 9, 2017, 6–10 PM
The Fort Worth Club – 306 W 7th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
- 6–7 PM: Cocktail Reception, Raffle and Silent Auction
- 7–10 PM: Dinner Program, Dancing
- Cocktail attire
- Gala tickets include a drink ticket for the Reception Hour and wine service at dinner
- Complimentary parking available in The Fort Worth Club Parking Garage
- All proceeds from the Raffle and Silent Auction benefit the mission of Sixty & Better. Winners will be announced during the Dinner Program
- Raffle prize package winners do not need to be present to win
- Imported and Domestic Cheese Display: English Stilton, Wisconsin Roth Grand Cru, Vermont 6 Year Cheddar; Grapes, Dried Fruits, Nuts, Carr’s Crackers, Breadsticks, Fresh Honeycomb, Preserves
- 1 Drink Ticket
- Cash Bar
- Salad: Fort Worth Club Caesar Salad – Baby Romaine, Candied Pecans, Cherry Tomatoes, Parmesan, Tortilla Strips, Caesar Dressing
- Entree: Hickory Smoked Filet of Beef Tenderloin and Seared Atlantic Salmon – Creamy Farro with Local Kale, Fennel and Leeks, Seasonal Vegetables, Mustard Beurre Blanc
- Wine Service with Dinner: 1 glass per guest; Trefethen Estate Chardonnay or Trefethen Double T Meritage
- Cash Bar
- Chocolate Decadence Flourless Milk Chocolate Mousse and European Roasted Coffee
Harpist Gonzalo Mata will enchant guests with elegant music as they peruse Raffle Prize Packages and bid on Silent Auction arts and crafts made by Sixty & Better participants.
Guests will enjoy an engaging evening with Grammy-nominated artist Breggett Rideau as she serenades guests with standards from the American Songbook.
Celebrating 50 Years, Shaping the Next 50
Over the last 50 years, Sixty & Better has become experts in aging. We work to end isolation so those in the prime of their lives can thrive, keeping connected, healthy, active, and contributing to their community in meaningful ways. Sixty & Better provides:
- Nourishment for the body and soul through our meal program and social activities.
- Enrichment from wellness workshops, health screenings, and valuable presentations.
- Volunteer opportunities to make vital connections and serve a greater purpose.
- Access to, and navigation of, complex state and national benefits enrollments.
- Transportation to and from Activity Centers, as well as essential trips to the pharmacy and grocery stores.