Working with a non-profit offers many rewarding opportunities ranging from having the satisfaction in knowing that you are contributing to the well-being of the community to enjoying excellent employment benefits.
Sixty & Better announces opening(s) for the following position(s):
Care Coordinator (PT 20-29 hours per week)
Promotes the social and financial well-being, health and independence of older adults in Tarrant County through coordinated activities of care management, activity center programming, volunteers and student interns for older adults. To enhance the activity center environment and programming through Benefits Enrollment Centers, wellness programs, professional social work and supervising volunteers and student internships.
- Participate in volunteer and internship selection, training, coordination, and engagement at activity centers. Apply educational objectives of student internships and/or practicum curriculum to student experience and direct interns in the ethical and confidential practice of social services and care management. Supervise, document and evaluate student performance and develop and maintain partnerships with academic partners and internship directors/liaisons.
- Oversee assessment of older adults’ physical, psychosocial needs and health risks. Oversee the direction of older adults to resources to address their self-reported and assessed needs and risks. These resources may include activity center programs addressing benefits screening and enrollment (Benefits Enrollment Centers), fall prevention (A Matter of Balance), and chronic disease or diabetes self-management (HealthForMe).
- Oversee enhancement of resources for activity center participants through federal programs, community partnerships, and program development.
- Collect data, manage records and database, and report program performance monthly and as required to S&B and grant agencies. Ensure the confidentiality of program participants.
- Develop and implement Benefits Assistance training for volunteers and interns assigned to Benefits Enrollment Centers.
- Oversee completion of annual Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Training for appropriate staff, volunteers, and interns.
Requirements: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Texas license in social work or clinical social work. Two-three years post graduate experience in social work and program management experience required.
Please send resumes to: Brandy Taylor, HR Manager, 1400 Circle Drive, Suite 300, Ft. Worth, TX 76119; or faxed: 817- 413-4908; or email: email@example.com.
EEOC: S&B provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Development & Marketing
Journalism & Blog Marketing
Development & Social Media Marketing
Three volunteer internships are open for the summer semester. Send your CV or resume and a writing sample to Brandy Taylor, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Fall 2017 Internship
Program Evaluation Intern
Gain hands-on experience in evaluating programs at activity centers.
Under the direction of the program manager, PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Assist with the agency’s annual survey process and with special projects related to wellness programs.
- Support data collection and management activities, including entering and editing data in program database.
- Help coordinate, compile and assemble program implementation activities.
- Attends community-based activities and meetings as requested by field instructor.
- Completes weekly hours and schedule as required.
- Meets with field instructor for supervision.
- Participates in community-based activities as appropriate.
Sixty & Better provides equal opportunity and commitment to diversity.
Sixty & Better is an equal employment opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. No person is to be discriminated against in employment opportunities or practices on any basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law including race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status.